Logitech MX518 Gaming Grade Optical Mouse

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Recently I decided it was time that I bought a new mouse. Up until that time, I had been using the regular mouse that came with my computer, nothing special. I did some research and found a few mice that looked like they would work and weren't too expensive. I was comparing the Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse and the Logitech MX518 Gaming Grade Optical Mouse, the latter being $10 less. There wasn't that much of a difference between them sensitivity wise, the laser mouse having 2000dpi and the optical having 1600dpi. The G5 had a few extra fancy things such as adjustable weight, but in the end I picked the Mx518 just because it had a better looking skin.

Overall I'm very pleased with the mouse I chose. It's easily ten times better than my previous mouse. I really like the back and forward buttons on the side of the mouse for web browsing. I also like how you can adjust the sensitivity instantly just by pressing a button. The highest setting on the Mx518, 1600dpi, turned out to be too sensitive for me anyway. It;s a good thing I didn't go with the G5.


0 comments: